Keynote is a productivity application that fills the very same function as Microsoft PowerPoint. In this post I’ll discuss the benefits of using Keynote, and how to develop presentations for deployment on Macs, iOS gadgets (iPads and iPhones) and as PowerPoint for Windows PC.
Keynote is quick and reliable. Any big media files, such as video, are driven from the heart of the Mac OS X, or iOS. This suggests you can drop HD motion pictures into discussions, together with hi-res pictures and audio, and know the presentation will run efficiently. The exact same smooth playback can be experienced with slide shifts and animations too. People rely on Keynote when they desire slick, simple to create, but genuinely remarkable discussions.
Here are the bottom lines about cross-platform content development utilizing Keynote:
1. Keynote can open PowerPoint discussions and a timeline keynote template.
2. Keynote can export presentations into PowerPoint formats.
3. The Mac variation of Keynote has more features than its iOS counterpart.
4. A presentation developed using Keynote for iOS, will open neatly in the Mac version of the application.
Points 1 to 3 are substantial since in translating Keynote to PowerPoint, or vice-versa, or from Mac OS X to iOS slide format and animations can be lost or altered. Among the biggest consider formatting is changes to fonts. Typestyles and bullet points might change, and shifts and animations could be lost or replaced. Modifications to animations are more obvious when transforming Keynote to PowerPoint. When opening Mac OS X Keynote discussions on iPads the only problem that may take place would be where typefaces used on the Mac version are not present on the iOS device.
Checking that no missing out on font styles are missing out on must be on every speaker’s list. You can do this by opening a presentation on the machine it will be played from. Error messages show when there is a problem.
From these 4 points I obtained the following workflow guidelines:
1. A presentation can be developed on any recent variation of Keynote or PowerPoint. Usage either Outline mode, or work directly on the slides however keep style formatting to a minimum in the beginning.
2. Prevent using shifts or animation effects in the initial phases of the presentation development.
3. Include text and picture material. I prefer to work in Keynote, even when the presentation will only be shown through PowerPoint. If you recognize with Master Slides these can be utilized in Keynote and they will be protected in translation to PowerPoint.
4. If you are going to deploy the presentation across iOS, Mac OS X, and via PowerPoint, attempt opening the presentation on the iOS variation of Keynote, and include slide format, shifts and animations.
5. Once step 4 is total open a copy of the presentation in Keynote for Mac OS X. Check the slide format, little or no work ought to be needed. Conserve the Mac OS X variation of the presentation. Add more aspects to the presentation on the Mac variation. As long as you don’t change any typefaces, the Mac version of the presentation will still display properly on iOS gadgets.
6. Export the Mac variation of the presentation to PowerPoint. Open it in PowerPoint where you can finish the slide design and use or customize shifts and animations on the presentation. Do check that media files such as video repeat properly.
Utilizing this workflow you will create 3 versions of a presentation, one for iOS, a 2nd for Mac OS X, and a third for PowerPoint. This workflow reduces any formatting issues that occur in equating to various formats.